iTuneMyWalkman 0.955Ilari Scheinin - email@example.com
NOTICE: The latest version of this application was released in 2009, and development has been pretty much abandoned since then. The last version did keep working through a few new OS X releases, but apparently does not work anymore on OS X Mavericks 10.9. I'm sorry, but there are currently no plans revive development.
iTuneMyWalkman is an open source application that will help you synchronize the contents of iTunes playlists to your mobile phone or other portable device. The purpose is to make the process as easy as possible, almost like it is with an iPod. The application is able to detect when you connect your phone and can start the synchronization automatically.
- Synchronizes the contents of specific iTunes playlists to your mobile phone.
- Creates M3U playlists on the device.
- Detects automatically when the device is connected.
- Creates directory structure according to artists/albums, playlists, or genres.
- User can define how much space is left on the memory card.
- Copied files can be re-encoded on the fly to save space.
- Play counts can be incremented automatically when songs are transferred.
- Pictures and videos taken with the phone camera can be automatically moved to a user-specified location on your hard disk or imported to iPhoto during synchronization.
- A mobile phone/other portable device that can be mounted on the Mac OS X desktop, either with a direct cable or with a memory card reader
- Mac OS X 10.4 or greater (works with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard)
- iTunes 7 or greater
What's New in 0.955
- Restores compatibility with Tiger.
- Updated version of the Sparkle framework for automatic updates.
What's New in 0.954
- Fixes a bug with M3U playlists and Latin-1 encoding.
- A #EXTM3U header added to playlist files.
What's New in 0.953
- Fixes a bug where copying a re-encoded track gave an error as the enclosing folder was missing. Thanks go to Phriedrich Eloquence and Liyang Hu for this one.
iTuneMyWalkman is open source and released under the MIT license. It is an Apple Script Studio application developed in Xcode. Source code is available from the Subversion repository. People interested in participating in the development are encouraged to contact the author.